As most people know by now- eating green smoothie bowls does NOT mean that they have to be bitter or gross in order to get all those rich nutrients that dark greens (like kale) offer.
A great way to sweeten your greens is by adding something like mango, pineapple, or even a sweet apple. I used mango in this one because I’m living in Australia right now- which means the mangos here are pretty good.
If you’re living some place with other native sweet fruits, PLEASE substitute the mango for what makes sense to you geographically. I’m sure it will taste better that way 🙂
2 large mangos
2 super soft avocado
Coconut water (unsweetened, no sugar added)
Maca (just a nice add-on, not a necessity)
Granola (make your own!)
Additional fresh or dried fruit
1. Freeze 3 bananas and 2 large mangos overnight. Make sure to take skin off of each first.
2. Once frozen, break up bananas into chunks into large mixing bowl or blender. Add frozen mango.
3. Add kale to your liking (I used one entire bag), and two super ripe/soft avocados.
4. Pour about 2 1/2 – 3 cups of coconut water over mixture.
5. Add maca if you have/like it. I used about 3 tablespoons.
6. Blend together until creamy and smooth.
7. Pour into bowl, and add toppings of your choice. Enjoy!