Chickpeas (I used fried)
Olive oil (or avocado oil)
1. If you’re using fried chickpeas like me, then you’ll need to soak them first (preferably overnight). I also booked mine after to ensure they were clean (given everything going on), but if your’s are soft enough from the soak- then that’s perfect.
2. Strain chickpeas & pat dry.
3. In a frying pan, cover base with thin layer of olive oil (or avocado oil).
4. Add chickpeas to pan without making a double layer. Meaning, they only touch the pan, instead of stacked on one another (I did a few batches to ensure this was possible).
5. Spice to your liking. I like super spicy stuff, so I was generous here. If you want less, then you do you.
6. Let them sit for about 5 minutes (you’ll hear them crackle and pop), then give them a little stir with a spatula.
7. All in all, they’ll probably cook for about 15-20 mins depending how crispy you like them (I like mine a little burnt because I’m a weirdo).
8. You’ll know when they’re done because they’ll get golden to dark brown.
9. Always the option to add a little more salt once they’re in the bowl and hand toss. ENJOY!