Why the heck would I eat fruit cereal? Is something you might be thinking. Let me tell you why: it’s a perfect blend of crunchy, chewy, frothy and delicious. That’s why. Look, I love a smoothie bowl in the morning. But sometimes it’s just way too cold for me, and I’m freezing after. However, my body loves fruit in the morning and not a whole lot else. But just eating it on its own feels a little…boring.
I saw fruit cereal floating around, and decided to give it a go before sharing it here. And now I’m hooked, so I have to give you the deets!
Feel free to get creative with your own expression. These are just ideas, and working with what I have/what my body likes right now.
*Pro tip is to have a good blend of different TEXTURES above anything else.
- This is recipe I use, as I prefer ALL fruit. But there are extras below if you want additives.
- Fresh fruits of your choice: I’ve been using berries, but any fruit will do! Just chop it up small for that “cereal” feel. I also like berries because of their easy size, and they stay in tact instead of getting too soggy.
- Cacao nibs
- Goji berries (or any dried fruit)
- Banana milk (or any milk you like, the banana milk just keeps it ALL fruit)
- For more fats, protein, and non-fruit options.
- Seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, chia, hemp, etc)
- Nuts or nut butter
- Coconut flakes or coconut butter
- Extra sliced banana
- Added coconut meat
- GF oats
- If you need to make banana milk, then make that now (you’ll need a blender).
- Otherwise, everything is raw, so you can add as much or as little of your own ingredients as you like.
- I like heavier fresh fruits than I do the dry/crunchy bits- but you do you!
- Add as much milk as you like.
- Option to sprinkle extra cinnamon.