Mushroom blend (I used SuperFeast Mason’s Mushrooms)
Sweetener (I used date syrup)
CALORIE DENSE ADDITIVES:
1. First of all, don’t be afraid of the phrase “calorie dense.” This just means there’s more healthy fats added (hello, happy brain!). If you know you want something more substantial, then go for the additives. If you’re seeking something more soothing, then go for the basic.
2. In a mug, add 1 tablespoon of pure cacao powder and mushroom blend (I used SuperFeast Mason’s Mushrooms, ¼ tablespoon).
3. Spice with cinnamon and nutmeg to your liking (I used a lot, as cinnamon particularly is great at stimulating heat in the body according to TCM).
4. Pour boiling water into mug, and mix as you pour.
5. Stir in sweetener to your liking. I used 1 tablespoon of date syrup, but anything will do here. The amount really depends on your flavor preference.
6. If you’re going for the ADDITIVE option, then heat up 1-2 tablespoons of cacao butter and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. You can do this in a microwave, or on the stove.
7. Once liquid, add to mug and stir.
8. Include a dash of plant milk if you’d like. Option to heat or not heat the milk. Again, it’s your preference. Once again, I’d like to note that it’s best to avoid milk if you do have the flue or other respiratory issues, as milk (even plant milk builds mucus in the lungs).
Stir together and ENJOY!