This one is actually scary it’s so good. Be prepared for a super rich, desert-like smoothie bowl that’s also chock full of nutrients.
The Nutter Butter Bowl is great on its own as a healthy pudding option for the holidays.
Or, it can easily be a hearty breakfast smoothie bowl topped with granola, sliced almonds, berries (or other fresh fruit), and additional cacao nibs.
Keep in mind, I was just playing in the kitchen again with this one. So measurements are estimates, not exact amounts.
Non-dairy yogurt (I used an almond milk kind this time)
Non-dairy milk (Click here for my almond milk recipe)
Nut butter (click here for my recipe)
These are estimate amounts I just used to make mine. This will probably make about 6 smoothie bowls.
1. Freeze 3 bananas overnight. Once frozen, break up in chunks in mixing bowl.
2. Add 3 heaping table spoons of nut butter.
3. Add roughly 1 1/2 cups of cacao nibs.
4. Add about 450 mg of non-dairy yogurt.
5. Include roughly 1 – 1 1/2 cups of non-dairy milk. The more milk there is, the less thick the mixture will be.
6. Add about 2 cups of dates. I broke mine up a little before to make sure there weren’t any rouge pits in there.
7. Add about 1/4 cup Maca powder, and a few table spoons of hemp seeds.
8. Spice with cinnamon and nutmeg to your liking. I loved this addition, because it gave the bowl a more holiday feel.
9. Blend to the consistency that you prefer.
10. Eat as is, or with toppings of your choice!