Alright, so a little disclaimer that I used a dehydrator for these tasty morsels..
I believe you can recreate the same thing in the oven, but you’ll have to test that at your own risk.!
I guess if worst comes to worst you end up roasting zucchini instead of making them into crispy chips- which wouldn’t really be a bad thing..
The thing I love about these is that they’re super simple, affordable & so damn tasty..
I’m a chip gal, but they don’t always make me feel great..
I’ve found veggie chips or plain rain chips to be a great way to satisfy that chip craving without my belly feeling poopy after.
- Organic zucchini
- Olive oil (or any oil you like)
- Ground garlic
- Ground onion
- Ground smoked paprika
- Black pepper
- Sea salt
- Wash zucchini and cut in half to steam.
- I’ve learned that blanching veggies before dehydrating them helps them to keep longer. This just means a quick boil or steam (I steam) before chopping & dehydrating. I put my zucchini in the steamer for 2-3 mins.
- Once blanched, cut into coin pieces (pretty thin, the thicker it is the longer it takes to make the chips crispy).
- Put zucchini coins into a large mixing bowl with a dash of olive oil (I don’t use any more than 1 Tbsp, but if you like a stronger oil flavor, add more).
- Spice with ground garlic, ground white onion, ground smoked paprika, sea salt & black pepper to your liking. Feel free to add any other spicy goodness you like!
- Toss everything so it’s evenly spread.
- Line dehydrator tray with parchment paper & spread coins evenly.
- Dehydrated at 165 F for 16 hours. You can check after 13-14 hours to see if they’re already thin & crispy enough. I like to do mine extra long so all the moisture is gone.